Dear people who break up with their partners while they're still at work: there's a special place in hell for you.
Breaking up is hard to do—ain’t that the truth? There’s no going round it: breaking up with your significant other is probably going to hurt them. But still, there are good ways to break up, and there are really, really sh*tty ways to do it. Like, for instance, doing it while your significant other is at work. You can’t get any more selfish than that!
Have you ever experienced getting dumped by text at work?
Secret-sharing app Whisper.sh recently compiled a list of real confessions of users who were dumped at work, and these break-ups sound brutal AF. So yeah, if you’re planning on breaking up with your partner anytime soon, don’t be a jerk. At the very least, wait until they’ve clocked out.
1. This girl found out at work that she had lost her boyfriend and her home
2. When you see that your server is upset, maybe ask them how they’re doing at least?
3. Deep breaths, girl.
4. We’ve all had bad days at work, but this is something else.
5. After nine years together PLUS an engagement, she gets a break-up text. AT WORK.
6. Taking out frustrations on the customers: not exactly the brightest idea
7. He could have waited till she got home…
8. Filed under: Why you shouldn’t date your coworkers
9. Filed under: Why you shouldn’t date your boss/supervisor
10. Probably not her greatest moment
11. Whatever helps, right?
12. This guy just had the worst day ever
Did you enjoy reading those real confessions of people who were dumped at work? Here are some more work drama-related articles that you might like: