All-expense-paid vacations to Africa and Hawaii, lifetime supply of beauty products, candies, and even a dog food donation — what goodies did this year's Oscar nominees get?
Every year for the past 16 years, Oscar nominees have been receiving lavish gift bags worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. What’s inside the 2018 Oscars gift bag?
The “Everyone Wins” Nominee Gift Bags bags are given by Distinctive Assets, who get brands to participate by giving them an avenue to connect with the world’s biggest celebrities. They are given to all 25 nominees in the acting and directing categories.
These bags are unaffiliated with the Academy Awards, and are given a week before the big event.
This year’s bag is worth more than $100,000, but that’s not the most expensive the bag has ever been. In 2016, each bag was worth around $230,000.
Forbes gave a breakdown of some of the 2018 Oscars gift bag’s highlights. Here are just some of what’s included:
1. A 12-night Tanzania vacation for two: $40,000
This vacation from International Expeditions is simply to die for includes private air travel within the country, meals, spa services, private safari guide, wild game drives, and even a hot air balloon safari with champagne breakfast.
2. A week-long stay at the Golden Door spa in California: $17,700
3. A 6-night stay for two in a deluxe oceanview villa at Koloa Landing Resort At Poipu, Hawaii
4. Lifetime supply of Oxygenating Foundation and Oxygenating Hydro-Matrix from Oxygenetix: $13,400
5. Anti-ageing gold-infused eye masks and a firming eye complex from MZ Skin: $106 and $149, respectively
6. Colour-changing lipstick from Blush & Whimsy: $22
7. Activated charcoal coconut oil and bentonite clay toothpaste from My Magic Mud: $9.99
8. Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation procedure: up to $7,500
9. 10,000-bowl donation to an animal shelter/rescue of choice from Halo, Purely for Pets (plus dog and cat treats): $8,054
10. DNA kit from 23andMe: $199
11. Subscription to the dating app Never Missed, which will launch in May
12. Levitating bluetooth speaker by Shop Modern Innovation: $195
13. Two boxes of underarm sweat patches from Dandi Patch: Around $25
Want to see what else is in the 2018 Oscars gift bag? Check out this Forbes article for more details.
We hope you enjoyed this article on the 2018 Oscars gift bags!
Here are some other links you might be interested in: